Synchronizing my laptop with my Windows Home Server, I had an error that I had never seen before:
Recycle bin corrupted – cannot delete file or folder
I found that I needed to create a new Recycle Bin that would work properly. The drive affected for me was the C: drive. This is how I fixed the problem:
1) Open an Elevated Command Prompt as follows:
- * Start Menu –> All Programs –> Accessories
- Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
2) You will see something like this:
- * C:Windowssystem32>
- Type in the following: rd /s /q C:$Recycle.bin at the above prompt
- Close the window by clicking on the “x” in the top, right corner
3) Right click on an empty spot on the desktop and select Refresh.
You might need to do this for every drive that’s having a problem.